The platform Funimation updated its broadcast catalog confirming that the second part of the anime Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season (Attack on Titan) will have a total of twelve episodes. The platform lists the series with a total of twenty-eight episodes, since it is considering the sixteen of the first part. This information had previously been leaked, but had not been officially confirmed.
The second part has its premiere scheduled for next January 9 in Japan, while the first part of the final season premiered in December 2020 and had a total of sixteen episodes and platforms Crunchyroll Y Funimation they took care of its distribution in the West, with the latter adding a Spanish dubbing. The first season premiered in April 2013, followed by a second in April 2017 and a two-part third in July 2018 and April 2019.
- Yuichiro Hayashi (Dorohedoro, Kakegurui) was in charge of directing the first part of the anime at the studios MAP.
- Hiroshi Seko (Ajin, Vinland Saga, Mob Psycho 100) was in charge of writing and supervising the scripts for the first part.
- Tomohiro Kishi (Dorohedoro, 91 Days) was in charge of the character design of the first part.
- Hiroyuki Sawano was in charge of the composition of the soundtrack together with Kohta Yamamoto (Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Saga), in the first part.
- [Pendiente de Confirmar] Silence Iz Mine (SiM) performs the second opening theme titled “The Rumbling“.
Sinopsis de Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season
Gabi Braun and Falco Grice have been training their entire lives to inherit one of the seven Titans under Marley’s control and help their nation eradicate the Eldians on Paradis. However, just when all seems to be fine for the two cadets, their peace is suddenly shaken by the arrival of Eren Yeager and the remaining members of the Scout Corps. Having finally reached the Yeager family basement and learned about the dark history surrounding the Titans, the Scouting Corps has finally found the answer they so desperately struggled to uncover. With the truth now in their hands, the group set out for the world beyond the walls. In this Final Season, two completely different worlds collide as each party pursues their own agenda in the long-awaited conclusion to Paradis’s fight for freedom.
© Hajime Isayama / Kodansha / “Attack on Titan” The Final Season Production Committee