On the official site for the anime adaptation of visual novels Muv-Luv Alternative, titled as Muv-Luv Alternative: The Animation, an interview with the author of the manga was published Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan), Hajime Isayama, where he commented on his opinions of the project and other information of interest. The short interview wrote the following questions and answers:
- Can you tell us how you felt when you heard about the announcement of the anime adaptation?
- I knew that one day an anime would be made, so I was happy that it was finally made and that more people knew about this work.
- Tell us about one of your memorable experiences when you played “Muv-Luv Alternative”.
- After playing “Rumbling Hearts” and “Muv-Luv,” I played it for about 30 hours straight on the day it was released. When I think about it now, I think the reason I was able to dive so deeply into the story was not just because of the plot, but also because of the fact that there was so much room for imagination in the novelization of the game.
- For those of you who are new to this play and seeing it for the first time in anime, please share one thing that makes this play so engaging.
- Whether it is a comic or a movie, the way to make a story interesting is the same. It is taking the characters to the limit. That’s what “Muv-Luv” taught me. I hope you enjoy the extreme tension and the feeling of extreme freedom.
The series has been on air since last October 6 in Japan and is confirmed with a total of twelve episodes, while the platform Crunchyroll handles its distribution in the West. The developer of adult games Age launched the first title of the franchise Bee-Luv in 2003, followed by the game Muv-Luv Alternative in 2006. The spin-off novel Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse inspired an anime adaptation, and later also its prequel titled Black marks it was adapted to animation.
- Yukio Nishimoto (Animal Yokocho, Ginga Tetsudo Monogatari, Tsukiuta. THE ANIMATION 2) is in charge of the direction of the anime in the studios Flagship Line, In collaboration with Yumeta Company Y Graphinica.
- Tatsuhiko Urahata (Baki, Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri, Kyōkai Senjō no Horizon, Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Takuya Tani (Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san, One Room, Koukaku no Pandora) is in charge of character design.
- Evan Call (Schwarzesmarken, Violet Evergarden) is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
Sinopsis de Muv-Luv Alternative
The world has been embroiled in a desperate three-decade war against the BETA, an alien species that invaded the planet in 1973. Amid this chaos, a high school student named Takeru Shirogane suddenly awakens from a terrifying nightmare in which he sees humanity totally defeated. Soon after, he realizes that his dream was nothing more than the memories of his life in an alternate universe. In those memories, the Alternative V project is launched, sending hundreds of thousands of people into space as a last resort to preserve humanity, while leaving the remaining billion on Earth to suffer a cruel fate.
Longing to change this bleak future, Takeru joins a military base in Yokohama, which turns out to be his old high school. There he manages to convince the vice-commander of the base and leader of the Alternative IV project, Professor Yuuko Kouzuki, to prevent Alternative IV from being produced. To guarantee the success of Alternative IV, Takeru must pilot the gigantic humanoid machines Tactical Surface Fighters. (TSF) with his fellow cadets. However, he only has two months to complete his training and take advantage of his partial knowledge of the future, so that the ensuing tragedy does not occur.
Fountain: Official site
Ⓒ aNCHOR / Alternative Third Plan