When it comes to project animation, studios MAP it certainly does deliver great results, but the amount of effort and hard work behind the scenes is insane. Recently, one of the animation directors who belongs to the anime production team Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season posted on your account Twitter that “for the first time in three days he was going to be able to go home to sleep” after finishing his work, however, the tweet was deleted a few hours later. He also wrote that the show’s producer told him to “go home to rest”, but Omine was so tired that he “opted to spend the night at the office”.
In response to this tweet, fans told him how much they appreciate his hard work and asked him to rest because while work is important, a person’s health is more important than work.
This second part has been broadcast since January 9 and is confirmed with a total of twelve episodes, while the platforms Crunchyroll Y Funimation are in charge of its distribution in Latin America, with both distributing a Latin Spanish dub available from today (in the SimulDub mode, that is, a new episode weekly). The first part had a total of sixteen episodes and was released in December 2020, so the final season would then have twenty-eight episodes.
- Yuichiro Hayashi (Dorohedoro, Kakegurui) was in charge of directing the first part of the anime at the studios MAP.
- Hiroshi Seko (Ajin, Vinland Saga, Mob Psycho 100) was in charge of writing and supervising the scripts for the first part.
- Tomohiro Kishi (Dorohedoro, 91 Days) was responsible for the character design of the first part.
- Hiroyuki Sawano was in charge of composing the soundtrack together with Kohta Yamamoto (Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Saga), in the first part.
- The band SiM (Silence Left Mine) performs the second opening theme entitled “The Rumbling“, while Ai Higuchi performs the second ending theme entitled “Akuma no Kō (悪魔の子)“.
Synopsis for Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season
Gabi Braun and Falco Grice have been training their entire lives to inherit one of the seven titans under Marley’s control and help their nation eradicate the Eldians on Paradis. However, just as all seems well for the two cadets, their peace is suddenly shaken by the arrival of Eren Yeager and the remaining members of the Scouting Corps. Having finally reached the Yeager family basement and learned of the dark history surrounding the Titans, the Survey Corps has finally found the answer they so desperately fought to discover. With the truth now in their hands, the group set off for the world beyond the walls. In this Final Season, two completely different worlds collide as each side pursues its own agenda in the long-awaited conclusion to Paradis’ fight for freedom.
Fountain: Teruyuki Omine Twitter
© 諫山創・講談社／「進撃の巨人」The Final Season製作委員会