On the official Twitter account for the anime adaptation of Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan), it was announced that the 87th episode in the general count, that is, the twelfth and last episode of the second part of Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season, will be delayed a week at the convenience of the schedule. This final episode was scheduled for March 27 in Japan, but will now be broadcast until April 3.
Additionally, the 84th episode in the overall count, that is, the ninth episode of this final season, will be ten minutes later than normal for scheduling convenience. This type of statement does not indicate production problems, but rather that the television station has programmed something that has a higher priority in its programming block.
This second part has been broadcast since January 9 and is confirmed with a total of twelve episodes, while the platforms Crunchyroll and Funimation are in charge of its distribution in Latin America, with both distributing a Latin Spanish dub available since February 13 (in the SimulDub mode, that is, a new episode weekly). The first part had a total of sixteen episodes and was released in December 2020, so the final season would then have twenty-eight episodes.
- Yuichiro Hayashi (Dorohedoro, Kakegurui) was in charge of directing the first part of the anime at the studios MAP.
- Hiroshi Seko (Ajin, Vinland Saga, Mob Psycho 100) was in charge of writing and supervising the scripts for the first part.
- Tomohiro Kishi (Dorohedoro, 91 Days) was responsible for the character design of the first part.
- Hiroyuki Sawano was in charge of composing the soundtrack together with Kohta Yamamoto (Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Saga), in the first part.
- The band SiM (Silence Left Mine) performs the second opening theme entitled “The Rumbling“, while Ai Higuchi performs the second ending theme entitled “Akuma no Kō (悪魔の子)“.
Synopsis for Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season
Gabi Braun and Falco Grice have been training their entire lives to inherit one of the seven titans under Marley’s control and help their nation eradicate the Eldians on Paradis. However, just as all seems well for the two cadets, their peace is suddenly shaken by the arrival of Eren Yeager and the remaining members of the Scouting Corps. Having finally reached the Yeager family basement and learned of the dark history surrounding the Titans, the Survey Corps has finally found the answer they so desperately fought to discover. With the truth now in their hands, the group set off for the world beyond the walls. In this Final Season, two completely different worlds collide as each side pursues its own agenda in the long-awaited conclusion to Paradis’ fight for freedom.
Source: Official Twitter Account
© 諫山創・講談社／「進撃の巨人」The Final Season製作委員会