The popular leaker “@SPYTRUE” assured in networks that “it is already confirmed” that the second part of the anime Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season (Attack on Titan) will end with the adaptation of chapter 130 of the original manga by Hajime Isayama. This would leave chapters 131 to 139 (which correspond exactly to compilation volumes 33 and 34) pending adaptation either in a new season or in an animated feature film. It should be noted that this information is pending confirmation.
This second part has been broadcast since January 9 and is confirmed with a total of twelve episodes, while the platforms Crunchyroll and Funimation are in charge of its distribution in Latin America, with both distributing a dubbing into Latin Spanish available since last February 13 (in the modality of SimulDub, that is, a new episode weekly). The first part had a total of sixteen episodes and was released in December 2020, so the full season would then have twenty-eight episodes.
- Yuichiro Hayashi (Dorohedoro, Kakegurui) was in charge of directing the first part of the anime at the studios MAP.
- Hiroshi Seko (Ajin, Vinland Saga, Mob Psycho 100) was in charge of writing and supervising the scripts for the first part.
- Tomohiro Kishi (Dorohedoro, 91 Days) was responsible for the character design of the first part.
- Hiroyuki Sawano was in charge of composing the soundtrack together with Kohta Yamamoto (Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Saga), in the first part.
- The band SiM (Silence Left Mine) performs the second opening theme entitled “The Rumbling“, while Ai Higuchi performs the second ending theme entitled “Akuma no Kō (悪魔の子)“.
Synopsis for Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season
Gabi Braun and Falco Grice have been training their entire lives to inherit one of the seven titans under Marley’s control and help their nation eradicate the Eldians on Paradis. However, just as all seems well for the two cadets, their peace is suddenly shaken by the arrival of Eren Yeager and the remaining members of the Scouting Corps. Having finally reached the Yeager family basement and learned of the dark history surrounding the Titans, the Survey Corps has finally found the answer they so desperately fought to discover. With the truth now in their hands, the group set off for the world beyond the walls. In this Final Season, two completely different worlds collide as each side pursues its own agenda in the long-awaited conclusion to Paradis’ fight for freedom.
© 諫山創・講談社／「進撃の巨人」The Final Season製作委員会