Good plan news Black Friday: The Samsung T5 external SSD sold off by Amazon!
If NVMe M.2 models have been on the rise lately, and even more so since the release of the PlayStation 5, let’s not bury our good old SATA or USB models too quickly, which could do us loyal service for a few years. Again. This is even more true for external SSDs like the Samsung T5 which can be found at only 99 € on Amazon on the occasion of Black Friday.
Samsung T5 1TB portable external SSD is € 99 at Amazon during Black Friday
When it comes to external, or portable, storage up to 512 GB of memory, there have always been two opposing schools, between those who swear by USB sticks and those who prefer external SSDs. From 1 TB the question no longer really arises, SSDs are the only masters on board and then around 4 TB, even if there are some SSDs, the price of these is so high that HDDs still have the last one. word.
Unlike an internal SSD, SATA or NVMe, where we will prioritize speed and price, a third parameter comes into account on external SSDs, its strength. Depending on your uses and the adventures you plan to bring to your new friend, you may have to sacrifice a little speed and euros for a more resistant model.
The Samsung T5, a real bestseller and star of external SSDs since its release in 2017 (already!) Is one of them. If it is not the fastest, it has a very compact size and particularly high impact resistance which have made it so successful. Generally available between 129 and 149 €, the Samsung T5 1TB is now accessible from 99.99 € at Amazon.
Samsung T5 1TB, a reliable, fast and ultra-durable USB 3.1 external SSD
With its 540 MB / s both read and write, the Samsung T5 1TB External SSD was considered when it was released in 2017 as one of the fastest on the market thanks to its USB-C 3.1 compatibility. Moreover, with its 51 grams for dimensions of 74 x 57.3x 10.5 mm, all coated with brushed metal finish, the Samsung T5 frankly looks good. Almost looks like a technological gem.
If since it has been outclassed in speed by models equipped with USB 3.2 capable of reaching speeds of the order of 2000 MB / s, it has the advantage of being much cheaper than these models and above all it has for him a foolproof resistance against all falls up to about 2m in height. Ideal for the clumsy people who drop everything.
Samsung T5 external SSD at a glance:
- Format : External
- Capacity : de 500 Go à 2 To
- Interface : USB 3.1 Gen 2
- Guarantee : 3 years
- Lecture : 540 Mo / s
- Writing : 540 Mo / s
What are the advantages of SSDs?
Today, there are three types of hard drives to install Windows and store your games, photos or videos:
- conventional hard disks (HDD) : These are the ones that have been used on our PCs for several decades. They have the advantage of being very affordable and offering very large storage capacities (up to 16 TB). On the other hand, their reading speed often tops out at 150 MB / s. Use for storing your archives but avoid for games or the operating system.
- 2.5 ”SATA SSDs : For the past ten years, they have taken over conventional HDDs to store operating systems and games. So we went from launching Windows in 1 to 3 minutes, to only ten seconds with these small flat disks. Although they are limited by the constraints of the SATA ports, we obtain speeds of the order of 550 MB / s which is 3 to 4 times faster than HDDs.
- PCIe M.2 NVMe SSDs : Behind this rather barbaric code which would have deserved a new name in its own right, we find what is currently best done. Data rates around 2000 Mb / s for Gen 3 models and up to 7000 Mb / s for Gen 4 compatible with the PS5. They have the particularity of resembling RAM sticks and plug directly into the motherboard, thus avoiding cables and further speeding up the startup of your applications.
Normally available on the Samsung site at 149.90 €, we find the External SSD Samsung T5 1TB at only 99.99 € on Amazon on the occasion of Black Friday.
This page contains affiliate links to some products that JV has selected for you. Each purchase you make by clicking on one of these links will not cost you more, but the e-merchant will pay us a commission.
Find out more.
Through Ludolink, Writing jeuxvideo.com