Blue Reflection: Second Light begins its journey in the Japanese market followed by Ring Fit Adventure, which returns to the charts.
One more week, we look again at the Japanese video game market to learn about the most popular trends in the area by following the Famitsu data, collected by the portal Gematsu. Something that has not changed much from last week, as Guardians of the Night: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles continues dominating the top sales from the country. As for consoles, Nintendo Switch OLED prolong your success one more week, as it is the best-selling hardware.
However, the list is not without notable changes, such as the disappearance of a Back 4 Blood that debuted in fifth position and that, currently, is not in the top 10. In addition, it is worth highlighting the premiere of Blue Reflection: Second Light and its rise to the second position, followed by a Ring Fit Adventure that hadn’t been on the charts since early September. Below you have the sales data in Japan from October 18 to 24.
Game sales in Japan (running total)
- [PS4] Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles (Aniplex. 10/14/21) – 15.996 (110.845)
- [PS4] Blue Reflection: Second Light (Koei Tecmo) – 14.048 (Novedad)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo) – 10.155 (2.879.734)
- [NSW] Metroid Dread (Nintendo) – 9.999 (119.018)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo) – 9.360 (4.469.716)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) – 8.695 (4.103.819)
- [NSW] Blue Reflection: Second Light (Koei Tecmo) – 8.380 (Novedad)
- [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft) – 8.306 (2.243.119)
- [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo) – 6.581 (6.909.879)
- [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield (The Pokemon Company) – 6.280 (4.169.875)
Console sales in Japan (running total)
- Switch OLED – 61,169 (242,072)
- Switch – 38.658 (17.267.673)
- PlayStation 5 – 11.526 (951.035)
- Switch Lite – 8.295 (4.106.660)
- Xbox Series S – 3.815 (45.675)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 2.754 (182.857)
- PlayStation 4 – 462 (7.814.542)
- New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 449 (1.175.772)
- Xbox Series X – 74 (64.992)
As for hardware, Nintendo Switch keep leading in the Japanese field, since it achieves the first positions both with the new Nintendo Switch OLED and with its standard version. Some numbers that are followed by PS5 sales, which are in third position. Going back to the software, if you are curious about Japan’s most popular titleYou can always read our impressions in the analysis of Guardians of the Night: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Chronicles of Hinokami, by comrade Adrián Suárez.
More about: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Japan Sales and Nintendo Switch (OLED model).