Famitsu published its estimate of video game and console sales in Japan during the week of October 10-17, during which time Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Hinokami Chronicles became the most successful video game with a total of 115,036 physical copies sold adding those of PS4 and PS5. As for the hardware, the most purchased console has returned to being Nintendo Switch OLED, which has placed more than 30,000 units in its second week on sale.
In the list of best-selling video games in Japan during the past week we also find other recent releases such as Metroid Dread, which was the best-selling game of the previous period and in this ranking occupies the second position with more than 20,000 new copies which have allowed it to exceed 100,000 units sold only in the Asian country.
The Idolmaster: Starlit Season, Back 4 Blood and Monarch These are three other new releases that have been among the best sellers in Japan from October 10 to 17. You can see the complete list below:
- [PS4] Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba The Hinokami Chronicles (Aniplex. 10/14/21) 94.849 (New)
- [NSW] Metroid Dread (Nintendo. 10/08/21) 22.221 (109.019)
- [PS5] Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: The Hinokami Chronicles (Aniplex. 10/14/21) 20.187 (New)
- [PS4] The Idolmaster: Starlit Season (Bandai Namco. 10/14/21) 15,597 (New)
- [PS4] Back 4 Blood (Warner Bros. Games. 12/10/21) 13,112 (New)
- [NSW] Monarch (FuRyu. 10/14/21) 10,521 (New)
- [PS4] Far Cry 6 (Ubisoft. 10/07/21) 9917 (44.136)
- [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft. 06/21/18) 9648 (2.234.813)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo. 04/28/17) 9615 (4.095.124)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo. 12/07/18) 9402 (4.460.356)
The list of best-selling consoles in Japan from October 10 to 17 is led for another week by Nintendo Switch, with the OLED model at the top not only of the sales of this family, but also of the general ranking. The hybrid has sold a total of 72,944 units in Japanese stores throughout this week, a figure that is already close to 21.5 million consoles sold in Japan since its launch in 2017.
PS5 was the second best-selling console in the country with 18,709 units, followed by Xbox Series X/S with 4187 and PS4 with 613. According to Gematsu, the new generation consoles continue to have stock problems in the Japanese market. You can see the full list below:
- Switch OLED Model 32.494 (170.903)
- Switch 30.869 (17.229.015)
- PlayStation 5 16.580 (939.509)
- Switch Lite 9581 (4.098.365)
- Xbox Series S 3553 (41.860)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition 2129 (180.103)
- Xbox Series X 634 (64.918)
- PlayStation 4 613 (7.814.080)
- New 2DS LL (incluyendo 2DS) 373 (1.175.323)