The Japan Academy Film Awards Association for Excellence in Film announced the nominees for the 45th Annual Awards. The five films that have been nominated for Animation of the Year are:
- Ryuu to Sobakasu no Hime (Belle), directed by Mamoru Hosoda in Studio Chizu: «Suzu is a shy, everyday high school student who lives in a rural town. For years, it has only been a shadow of its former self. But when she enters “U,” a massive virtual world, she escapes her online persona as Belle, a beautiful and globally beloved singer. One day, his concert is interrupted by a monstrous creature being chased by vigilantes. As the hunt intensifies, Suzu embarks on an emotional and epic quest to discover the identity of this mysterious “beast” and discover her true self in a world where you can be anyone. Ryuu to Sobakasu no Hime tells a fantastic and heartfelt story about growing up in the age of social media.».
- Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time, dirigda por Hideaki Anno in Studio Khara: «Following NERV’s failed attempt to retrieve the Spears of Longinus and carry out the Human Instrumentality Project, the destruction caused by the Fourth Impact has been largely averted. In a state of disarray, Shinji Ikari, Asuka Langley Shikinami, and Rei Ayanami travel to Village 3, a settlement of survivors free from the ruin of Earth. There, Shinji slowly comes to terms with his past, developing a life totally different from his days as an Evangelion pilot. Meanwhile, NERV makes preparations to continue Project Instrumentality with a new Impact. When WILLE’s main dogfight ship arrives at the village, Shinji decides to board, believing he can help by piloting an Evangelion. As new secrets are uncovered and a battle between WILLE and NERV draws near, the future of Earth hangs in the balance. Will Shinji be able to save humanity and the rest of the world one last time with the Evangelion?».
- Jujutsu Kaisen 0, directed by Seong-Hu Park in the studios MAP: «Yuta Okkotsu is a nervous high school student who suffers from a serious problem: his childhood friend Rika has become a curse and won’t leave him alone. As Rika is not just any curse, her situation is perceived by Satoru Gojo, a teacher at the Jujutsu institute, a school where novice exorcists learn to fight curses. Gojo convinces Yuta to enroll, but can he learn enough in time to face the curse that haunts him?».
- Gyokou no Nikuko-chan (Fortune Favors Lady Nikuko), directed by Ayumu Watanabe in Studio 4 ° C: «“Fortune Favors Lady Nikuko” is the heartwarming comedy-drama of an unconventional family: a not-so-ordinary mother-daughter couple who lives their life to the fullest. Bold, cheerful, passionate and always ready to eat something delicious, mother Nikuko falls in love with the bad guys. His happy motto: “Ordinary is the best of everything!”. Naturally, Nikuko’s loud and brash spirit puts her 11-year-old daughter Kikuko, on the verge of puberty, to shame. With nothing in common except living together on a boat in the harbor, a miracle occurs when their secret is revealed.».
- Ai no Utagoe wo Kikasete (Sing a Bit of Harmony), directed by Yasuhiro Yoshiura in the studios J.C.STAFF: «Sing a Bit of Harmony tells the story of the beautiful and mysterious Shion, who transfers to Keibu High School, where she quickly becomes popular for her outspoken personality and exceptional athletic talent… but she turns out to be an AI in testing phase! Shion’s goal is to bring “happiness” to the lonely Satomi. However, his strategy is something no human would expect: he serenades Satomi in the middle of class. After discovering that Shion is an AI, Satomi and her childhood friend, engineering geek Touma, grow closer to the new student. Together with the popular and attractive Gocchan, the fearless Aya, and the judo club member “Thunder”, they are increasingly moved by Shion’s singing and earnestness, even when her antics baffle them. But what Shion does for Satomi’s sake ends up involving them all in serious pandemonium. Get ready for the heartwarming story of an AI that is unprepared for the market and her classmates».
The Nippon Academy-Sho Association, a Japanese group comparable to the American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, presents each year the Japan Film Academy Awards. All nominees receiveExcellence Awards“, but the highest award in each category will be presented at a ceremony on March 11 at the Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa in Tokyo. Movies are eligible if they were released in Japan between January 1 and December 31, 2021.
Fountain: Former Web
© JAPAN ACADEMY FILM PRIZE ASSOCIATION | Evangelion