Totally crazy narrative arcs and a salvo of 24 supercharged episodes: the Jujutsu Kaisen season 2 program will delight fans.
When will the anime season 2 be released Jujutsu Kaisen ? And, even more importantly, will the anime be available on Netflix? For now, the only way to watch it is through Crunchyroll (100% free), but the second season could mark a turning point for the broadcast of the anime!
Jujutsu Kaisen season 2: release date
This is in February 2023 that Jujutsu Kaisen anime season 2 is expected ! Rumors pointed to 2022, but the bad news was quickly given.
Everything we really know about this new season of Jujutsukaisenit is his confirmation at the end of season 1 promising “to be continued“. Since then, the development/creation studio has been particularly discreet, since it is MAPPA and it also takes care of the enormous piece that is Attack on Titan (particularly part 2 of the final season, s04).
- Be aware that a movie has already been announced, adapting Volume 0. This Jujutsu Kaisen 0 movie could be scheduled just before the anime’s sequel in 2022.
Season 2 of Jujutsu Kaisen: what arcs, characters and novelties?
The manga has 143 chapters while season 1 only covered 64. Enough to find a lot of content in the future, using the hundred characters of which we ranked the 10 strongest. Season 2 of Jujutsu Kaisen therefore has content that is easily found, but it still needs to be adapted to the anime format.
Without spoiling the end of the first season, know that the future is quite obvious and that the next narrative arcs make sense. The planned film will happen before him since it will be a prequel to the anime. As for the bows still available in the manga:
- Gojo probably going to have a bigger role since 15 chapters flashback of the manga are dedicated to him, and season 2 will have to go through it.
- At the end of season 1several exorcists will have an upgrade, thus promising more perilous and eventful missions.
- The quest for Yuji Itadori to consume the 20 fingers of Sukuna will inevitably continue
The relation between Gojo and Geto is very important in the next arc of the manga. In this one, the two are sent on a mission but nothing goes as planned: The Exorcist Killer Tojifushiguro (Megumi’s dad) beats Geto and stabs Gojo in the throat. Gojo manages to master his technique Reverseand he manages to turn the fight to his advantage.
A year later, Gojo only grows in power while Geto is unwell and in a fit of rage he kills plenty of innocent people. What follows is a complete betrayal of the mantaking over the reins of the Star Vessel Association…
Jujutsu Kaisen: end of the manga announced, which direction for the anime?
The creator of the manga Jujutsu Kaisen has already announced the color: “I know how to end this story“. He also admits that only two points remain suspended, while he wishes to conclude the manga before 2023. According to him, half of the arcs he has imagined are already explored and the general end is already detailed in a notebook. In this one, the last moments of Itadori and of fushiguro are sealed.
GegeAkutami, the mangaka, was seriously ill at the start of 2021. The manga’s publication schedule has been delayed a bit, like One Piece, which also came close to a hasty end when creator Eiichiro Oda was in the hospital. He regained his strength in the meantime but decided to take another break in June 2021 after new health problems.
Jujutsu Kaisen manga vs anime, what differences?
So far, Season 1 of the anime has been fairly faithful to the source material of the manga. The beginning is a little more dramatic and the fights last longer and are more epic thanks to the animated format, but several small modifications are anecdotal and funny to point out :
- The scene where Yuji’s classmates hide to escape spells lasts much longer in the anime to provide a greater sense of fear.
- The scene from EP 2 where Yuji visits his grandfather’s grave does not exist in the manga, but was shown… on the cover of a manga chapter !
- The scene in EP 5 where Sukuna rips Yuji’s heart out is way more violent in the anime. In the manga, a speech bubble hides almost everything.
- The anime’s EP 6 invented the scene with the restaurant burns.
- The anime also added easter eggsnods to other licenses (Naruto, Bleach, Dragon Ball, etc.).
Moreover, the manga is not yet finished and the anime will have to wait not only for the publication of the new chapters, but also for the scriptwriters dealing with the adaptation to find the time to work on it. Indeed, they are now busy on other projects!