Discover the monthly ranking of book sales, established by the Cas’A Bulles bookstores for France-Guyane.
2. Gran Balan, by Christiane Taubira (Pocket)
3. The legend of the hummingbird, by Denis Kormann and Pierre Rabhi (Actes Sud)
4. Blacksade, Volume 6, by Dìaz Canales and Guarnido (Dargaud)
5. Jujutsu Kaisen Tome 11, de Gege Akutami (Dargaud)
6. Corto Maltese, n ° 16: Ocean Noir by Hugo Pratt (Casterman)
7. Orenoque 5: Rene Maran, by Lydie Ho-Fong-Choy Choucoutou and Monique Dorcy
8. The five wounds that prevent you from being yourself, by Lise Bourbeau (Pocket)
9. One Piece, Tome 99, d’Oda Eiichiro (Glenat)
10. Léon’s school by Serge Block (Albin Michel)
Our bookseller’s favorite: Enfant de bastard, by Sorj Chalandon
In 1987 Sorj Chalandon, as a journalist for Liberation, covered the trial of the Nazi Klaus Barbie, the “Lyon butcher”, Gestapo leader responsible for atrocities in the city of lights. Lyon is also the city where the author’s father played an ambiguous role during the war, wearing several uniforms, especially German ones.
It is a portrait against this lying, impulsive, angry father and a search for the truth, was he on the good or the bad side?
It is by discovering an extract from the criminal record mentioning his imprisonment in Lille in 1945 and then the complete file in the departmental archives of the North that the gray areas will be lifted.
This very personal story interweaving the great History with a more intimate story is charged with emotion and sincerity, the account of the testimonies of victims at the trial is overwhelming, the personality of the father is fascinating. A fascinating novel for history buffs and autobiographical tales.