“Naruto“, like all legendary shonen that lends itself, ends up showing one battles that are capable of generating destruction that borders on the absurd. Obviously, two things are necessary for something like this to happen: tremendously dangerous jutsus and characters with a power level capable of deployment. Therefore, today I want to find those who I consider to be the strongest characters in the “Naruto” anime.
Obviously, finding the strongest characters in “Naruto” is not exactly an easy task, because among the most powerful there are always many things to take into account. However, I think the following names will satisfy most of you (I don’t include what happens in Boruto).
10 – Mighty Guy
- The living expression that hard work can lead one to reach initially unimaginable heights.
- Might Guy does not use Jutsu of any kind beyond his Taijutsu, which logically should put him at a clear disadvantage against many of his enemies. However, he manages to make up for this difference by taking his Taijutsu skill to the extreme.
- The greatest example of Might Guy’s power is his use of La Puerta de la Muerte, a seal that he breaks to acquire such power that it even allows him to put Madara Uchiha on the ropes. Of course, his power has a clear limit, and the direct consequence of shooting his power up to the height of someone like Madara is… death.
9 – Orochimaru
- Orochimaru seems to be quite far in terms of raw power from the other characters on this list, but his achievements throughout his career are nothing to be underestimated.
- Orochimaru achieved something that very few see possible: mastering practically all the Jutsus in existence.
- Orchimaru also worked to perfect the Reanimation Jutsu, a forbidden technique that very few ever used throughout history.
- This villain, one of the main characters at the beginning of Naruto, also develops a curse mark with which to mark third parties, and which in certain situations can also be used to revive.
- He became a ninja whose path was marked by developing a series of techniques that allowed him to reincarnate eternally.
8 – Nagato (Pain)
- Pain is one of the great antagonists of all of Naruto, coming to star in some of the most tragic combats (and deaths) in the entire franchise.
- Pain was able to use the Rinnegan and access the Six Paths, as well as being quite a master of the various chakra natures available to ninjas.
- The Chibaku Tensei, the strongest Jutsu that Nagato can use, is considered one of the most powerful techniques in all of Naruto, being able to act as a prison for characters of the caliber of Kaguya Otsutsuki.
- Itachi Uchiha was always considered a prodigy even within the Uchiha lineage, and is shown by facts such as being able to join the ANBU at a very young age.
- Itachi is also considered to be one of the most powerful Genjutsu users of all, being able to use all manner of illusions continuously in combat. He is so prodigious in this practice that he was even able to break free of Edo Tensei’s control.
- Itachi eventually unlocks the Mangekyo Sharingan, which gives him access to techniques of overwhelming power such as Susanoo, Amaterasu or Tsukuyomi, among many others.
6 – Obito Uchiha
- Obito is one of the most tragic, malevolent, and powerful characters in all of Naruto lore, and naturally deserves a place on this top of the most powerful anime characters.
- Obito, as an Uchiha, gains access to the Sharingan, which eventually sees it evolve into a Mangekyo Sharingan. In addition, he also unlocks his own Rinnegan and gains access to the Six Paths, allowing him to use some of the strongest Jutsu of all.
- Obito even becomes the Jinchuriki of the 10-tailed beast, often considered the most powerful of all these mythical beasts.
5 – Madara Uchiha
- Considered on many occasions as the most powerful Uchiha of all time, Madara Uchiha is without a doubt one of the most fearsome antagonists that can be seen in all of Naruto.
- Madara ends up unlocking what is known as the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan, which allows him to use the most powerful techniques derived from Dojutsu without having to receive the adverse effects of the base form of this eye technique.
- Madara Uchiha also gains access to the Rinnegan (making it easier for him to use Deva Path Jutsus) and perfects some of the most powerful Jutsus in all of lore, such as Edo Tensei.
4 – Hashirama Senju
- The first Hokage in the entire history of Naruto and a character on record who managed to beat Madara Uchiha at the time in a 1 on 1 combat.
- Regarded as ‘the God of Ninjas’, Hashirama’s cells are capable (in later times) of greatly increasing the power of even one of the weakest ninjas.
- Hashirama Senju was able to uniquely use the Wood element, which had Jutsus of power capable of completely immobilizing a tailed beast.
- Hashirama also possessed such a level of power that it allowed him to use some of the most complex Jutsus of all without having to carry out seals of any kind.
- Sasuke begins his journey in Naruto as one of the characters with the most potential of all, especially due to his Uchiha blood, and at the end of the anime the truth is that he confirms everything that was expected of his abilities as a ninja.
- Sasuke discovers very early how to use his Sharingan, a technique that constantly evolves until he unlocks the Mangekyo Sharingan and eventually gains access to a Rinnegan. With this, Sasuke has at his disposal 2 of the 3 most powerful Dojutsus of all.
- This obviously allows him to eventually use Jutsus of absurd power, such as Susanoo or Indra’s Arrow. Despite the fact that he does not have modes or forms of power as advanced as Naruto, at the level of Jutsus it can be said that Sasuke is one of the most advanced characters in the entire lore of the franchise.
- Naruto Uzumaki is the protagonist of the franchise itself, but even that is not enough to be the most powerful character in the entire lore of it.
- Despite this, Naruto ends up unlocking an immense variety of power-ups that allows him to be considered the second most powerful character of all:
- Has access to Sage Mode
- Has access to The Six Paths
- Can manifest Kurama as a chakra avatar
- Likewise, Naruto also ends up having tremendously powerful unique Jutsus. These revolve above all around varieties of Rasengan, a technique that begins as ‘incomplete’ and that Naruto himself ends up perfecting with all kinds of alterations that make it simply a Jutsu of tremendous power.
1 – Kaguya Otsutsuki
- Kaguya is easily considered the most powerful character in the entire Naruto anime.
- Known as ‘The Mother of Chakra’, she is precisely a character who created the chakra in the Naruto universe and was in charge of dispersing it.
- Kaguya has powers that many consider bring her closer to being a goddess than any other consideration: she can teleport herself and others to different dimensions, she can absorb chakra, she has telepathic abilities, she can easily transform the environment…
- A special quality within Kaguya’s absurd arsenal is that she has at her disposal the 3 great Dojutsu: Byakugan, Sharingan and Rinnegan. In fact, he is even capable of using the Rinne Sharingan, a special technique that allows him to shape the Infinite Tsukuyomi, the most powerful Jutsu in all of Naruto’s lore.
And this is the list of the strongest characters in “Naruto”. Obviously, it is not an official and definitive list, but I have taken into account quite a lot of personal considerations. In addition, many other characters like Kakashi, Minato and others could also fit perfectly on this list of the most powerful of “Naruto” in one way or another.