Naruto is undoubtedly one of the great anime in history. You may not like it, as there are various reasons why someone might not like this series, but you need to recognize the cultural and social importance it has had. If for some reason you are not able to see this for yourself, just think that it is always mentioned as one of the three great anime. There are discussions between whether the third member should be bleach either dragonball (because of the starting year theme), but there are always two constants: one pieceY naruto himself.
Even so, we are not talking about a perfect series, but rather one that manages to fall in love despite its great problems, including the nonsense of filler that we can find in it. In case you don’t know, the filler are the chapters not adapted directly from the manga, so they are not considered canonical, and simply serve to fill out the series (hence their name). Virtually all anime have this, but the case of the Naruto franchise (including its sequel) is basically overblown.
This amount of padding can be confusing, especially for those people who want to start watching the series, and at one point they don’t know how to continue. Below we are not going to reveal how to skip all the filling, but rather we are going to tell you what would be, according to our criteria, the correct order for see all the content there is about Naruto to date.
This is the correct order to watch Naruto
As we have said, below we will reveal what we consider to be the correct order to see Naruto. We only have to comment that in the list that you will see later we include all kinds of content, including the series, movies and OVAS that the franchise has given us up to the present.
Of course, we couldn’t start with anything other than the original series that started it all. This series tells us the adventures Naruto Uzumaki, a boy from the village of Konoha which is basically disowned by everyone. Instead of completely depressing him, this only makes him want to improve himself, so that in this way they have to recognize him as the best, and name him Hokage, a title that is the equivalent of president in a modern society.
We are talking from the starting point of the Naruto storya character who it has left us many curiosities, and which has accompanied us for many years. Definitely, and although many people decide to go directly to the next series of this franchise, we are talking about an essential.
It was clear that taking into account the success of the original series, the Pierrot studio (responsible for this franchise) was not going to give up the opportunity to launch several films. Below we will reveal which are the films that belong to the original series of this franchise. You can decide to see them at the moment in which they are located chronologically (then we will reveal it to you), or you can see it at the end of the series, that’s your own choice.
- Naruto the Movie: Snow Princess Rescue!: Right after chapter 101 of the anime.
- Naruto the Movie: Illusory Ruins Deep Under the Earth: After chapter 160 of the original anime.
- Naruto the Movie: The Great Excitement! Animal Panic on Moon Island: Right after chapter 196 of the original series.
People not usually very fond of OVAs, mainly because they are usually simple chapters of the anime, with a little more grace, to be able to be separated, but in most cases they do not go further. In the case of Naruto, we can say that it has good OVAs, so below you will find the list that lists all the ones you should see.
- In Search of the Crimson Four-Leaf Clover
- Mission: Protect the Village of the Cascade!
- Konoha Sports Festival
- Finally a Clash! Jonin vs. Genin!! Indiscriminate Meeting Magnificent Melee Tournament!!
- Shippu “Konoha Gakuen” Den (not translated)
- Naruto: Crossroads
- Naruto: Chronicles of the gentle breeze the movie: Naruto, the Genie and the Three Wishes!!
Now yes, we come to the jewel in the crown, and it is that although the original series achieved unimaginable fame, it was its sequel, Naruto Shippuden, which managed to elevate the franchises to the Olympus of the best known. Many people say that the second parts were never good, but those responsible for Naruto managed to show that it is not always like that, delivering an anime that is superior in most aspects.
In essence, we are talking about a continuation of the original anime that we already mentioned above, so we will see a Naruto closer to adulthood, which we will also see grow as the plot progresses. We won’t reveal much about this one, precisely because it’s one of its strong points, but if you’ve already seen the original series, we’re talking about this being an essential for you.
Naruto Shippuden Movies
As we have done previously with the Naruto movies, below, we will list all the Naruto Shippuden movies, as well as where they are located chronologically, so that you can decide whether to see them at the end of the series or to intersperse them. We already leave that to your choice.
- Naruto Shippuden the Movie: Located after chapter 32 of Naruto Shippuden.
- Naruto Shippuden the Movie: Ties: Right after chapter 53 of the series.
- Naruto Shippuden the Movie: Inheritors of the Will of Fire: After chapter 342 of the anime.
- Naruto Shippuden the Movie: The Lost Tower: It cannot be placed chronologically within the series.
- Naruto the Movie: Blood Prison: Located in an alternate time line, although we could say that it can be seen from chapter 175 of the anime.
- Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie: Again, an alternate timeline, although in this case we can see it approximately after chapter 222.
- The Last: Naruto the Movie: See just after 479 of the anime.
- Boruto: Naruto the Movie: You can see it after all Naruto Shippuden is finished.
OVA from Naruto Shippuden
Luckily, as happened with the original series, in Naruto Shippuden we have few OVASAlthough the truth is that some of them are very interesting. Below we leave you the list.
- Naruto x UT
- Hot Chunin Exam! Naruto vs. Konohamaru!
- Hashimara Senju vs. Madara Uchiha
- Battle of the Sunny Side!
- ninja adventures
- The Day Naruto Became Hokage
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
Now we have to talk about the sequel to the franchise in general, as well as a series that is still on the air, so you won’t be able to finish it for now. In this series we will follow Boruto, the son of our favorite unpredictable ninja.
About this series we only have to say that, although it feels slow and heavy in certain parts, it manages to take off at times, offering us an experience similar to what we could have with his father’s series. In addition, you should also know that the last Naruto Shippuden movie also appears within this series, although we can say that the canonical version is the latter, since in the manga that’s how it appears.
Luckily for those people who don’t like OVAs, in the case of Boruto we only have one OVA, which does not even have a title that defines it. Even so, so that you can mess us up or anything like that, then we leave you the corresponding list.
With this you already know what is the correct order to see all this franchise, starting with the original series and ending with the only OVA of Boruto. We hope that thanks to this article it will be easier for you to see this series if you have never seen it before.