It’s been 3 years since the last premiere of one piece in theaters with One Piece Stampede and all fans of the work of Eiichiro Oda outside of Japan, we look forward to the arrival of One Piece Film Red to our theaters. The purpose of this article is to make a compilation of everything known to date. All this information will include various data of interest such as the synopsis, release date, curiosities and other extra information.
One Piece Film Red is the latest One Piece film, specifically number 15. Its premiere has only occurred in Japan, whose date was August 6, 2022. She introduced herself to the world by Weekly Shōnen Jumpon November 21, 2021. He did it together with the 1000th episode of the manga.
Taking all the care in the world not to give too revealing information about the film, the synopsis is as follows.
Uta is a singer with a very special voice, which makes her the most acclaimed singer in the world. In One Piece Film Red she prepares to give her first live concert on the island. Elegy, in front of a very diverse audience. This audience is made up of pirates, members of The marine and all kinds of fans. Although she has always hidden his identity, it is known that his singing voice is so wonderful that she seems to come from another world.
Luffy and his crew attend the concert due to its magnitude and there the Straw hat he recognizes Uta. Everything should be fine except that the story begins with the shocking revelation that Uta is the daughter of Shanks. This information will change the events throughout the movie, focusing mainly on the relationship between Uta and Shanks.
One of the biggest and most important questions is whether One Piece Film Red is a canon movie or not.. And as a particular fact we can affirm that the film is not canon due to events that do not present a concordance with the manga, but (and attention to spoilers, people who do not follow the manga) it does confirm the existence of Uta. This is a fact that was also revealed in chapter 1055 of the manga, revealing his silhouette in a memory of Shank.
Its release date will be next November 3. One Piece Film Red was submitted for day 4, but due to organizational reasons, we can enjoy Uta’s singing and the adventures of the Straw Hats a day earlier. Select Vision is in charge of distributing the film dubbed into Spanish, Catalan and in the original version with subtitles. This release date of the 3rd also works for all of Latin America.
The criticism from people who have been able to see the film in Japan can be fully detailed in this news item I wrote a few weeks ago. The film has received all kinds of criticism and comments. The consensus of all that has been said in Japanese domains is that One Piece Film Red is a feature film with many musical elements and this has been a long shot. It does not present too much action and has a somewhat particular style. It has been a success or a mistake for which side and without a doubt, it has divided the fans a lot.
Nonetheless, It is a movie with more positive than negative reviews. and many important aspects to highlight. Thanks to all these elements, together with its great reception, we can assure that One Piece Film Red will be one of the most acclaimed films in One Piece history. At the moment, it does have this title.
- One Piece Film Red has the following creative team: goro taniguchi as director, Tsutomu Kuroiwa as a screenwriter, Masayuki Satō as character designer and chief animation director, Hiroshi Katō as art director and Kentaro Kawasaki as CG director. All of them have previously worked on a One Piece movie, especially Stampede and Gold, but also other really exceptional work. Eiichiro Oda has been in charge of the general production.
- It has a duration of 120 minutes. This makes it the longest One Piece movie.
- One Piece Film Red is the highest-grossing film in One Piece history, overwhelmingly beating hits like One Piece Film Z, Stampedeeither Gold.
- It is the most successful and most profitable film of Toei Animationand one of the ten most successful anime films in history.
- The film held the top spot in Japan for more than a month, having sold ten million tickets and grossing 15 billion yen, 108 million euros in equivalent. This is a fact that Eiichiro Oda wanted to commemorate by making a special illustration of Uta on a wanted poster.
- The film’s director, the legendary Goro Taniguchi, directed the OVA of One Piece: I will defeat you Pirate Gonzack! whose premiere took place in 1998, forming part of the event the event Jump Super Anime Tour. One year before the premiere of the first episode of the anime.
- It is the first film to show us Jinbe as an official member of the Straw Hat crew.
If you are interested in One Piece, you can also read the following articles.