This Wednesday, March 9, the official Netflix account announced more actors who will participate in what will be the first live-action series of “One Piece”, the most popular work of the mangaka Eiichiro Oda. To date, we only had knowledge of the protagonists, but this time it was used to introduce some secondary characters and antagonists. Who is it about?
- Morgan Davis (Australia) will play Koby.
- Ilia Isorelys Paulino (USA) will be Alvida.
- Aidan Scott (USA) as Helmeppo.
- Jeff Ward (USA) as Buggy.
- McKinley Belcher (USA) will play Arlong.
- Vincent Regan (UK) will become Garp.
The actors who were announced in 2021 as the leads are:
- Inaki Godoy (Mexico) as Luffy.
- Arata Mackenyuu (Japan) as Zoro.
- Emily Rudd (USA) as Nami.
- Jacob Gibson (USA) as Usopp.
- taz skylar (UK) as Sanji.
YOU CAN SEE “Dr. Stone”: science and fantasy in a manga that you cannot miss reading
The live action It has been supervised by the same author of One Piece, who stated that this was a good opportunity to try something new. Furthermore, he stated that he was interested in the storytelling style used for these kinds of projects. His fans are waiting for new news from time to time.
In January 2020, it was announced that this new series produced for Netflix will have a total of 10 episodes, although at the moment it is not known what the duration of each one will be, nor if they will all be released together, weekly or in Two parts.
One Piece – official synopsis
Wealth, fame and power. One man had obtained everything in this world and he was the Pirate King Gold Roger. But before he died, his last words inspired everyone to venture out to sea: “My treasure? If they want it, it’s theirs. I have hidden everything in that place.”
Thus began what is known as the Great Age of Piracy, which launched hundreds of pirates into the sea to find the great One Piece treasure.