The list includes some of the most popular manga of recent times.
When we think of the most popular manga series of the recent era, surely One Piece and Shingeki no Kyojin are among the best sellers worldwide, but surprisingly they are also among the works that the public stops reading or does not finish the manga. story, either because he got bored or disenchanted with the direction the plot or characters were taking.
In order to find out which manga had been “dropped”, a term used to refer to something that is stopped being seen or read due to lack of interest, the editorial department of All About carried out among its users the survey “manga that I stopped reading at the half” during October 17 and November 8).
Here’s a look at the top three and why people left these series, starting with 2nd place:
In second place we find a tie between Shingeki no Kyojin and Jujutsu Kaisen. The first one began to be serialized in 2009 and ended in 2021. Hajime Isayama was the author and illustrator of this series that is in the first place of the most popular manga in MAL (MyAnimeList).
According to some comments collected by the site Yaraonreaders abandoned the manga because:
– “I felt bad during the scenes where people are eaten,” said a 38-year-old woman.
– “I got tired of reading too many words”, said a 23-year-old man.
– “It turned into a war between humans halfway through, and I stopped because it was brutal.”said a 51-year-old man.
While Jujutsu Kaisen is also in second place. This manga started serialization in 2018 and is still running. Gege Akutami is the author of this work that is at number 14 in MAL according to popularity.
The reasons for the reasons for their abandonment:
– “Because I couldn’t follow the developments after Gojo was sealed“said a 30-year-old man.
– “I couldn’t get in because it was too sudden without an explanation of the technique“said a 35-year-old man.
– “I didn’t understand what they were doing in the battle scenes, and I didn’t understand how things were progressing.said a 30-year-old woman.
The first place of the most dropped mangas went to the long-lived ONE PIECE. The manga began serialization in 1997 and is still running. Eiichiro Oda is the author of this series that ranks number 3 on the list of most popular MAL. In addition, it is the only manga that has a world record as the best-selling Japanese comic worldwide.
The reasons for dropping it were:
– “Starting halfway through, the number of illustrations in each frame increased and many joke elements were included, and I lost the desire to read”said a 37-year-old man.
– “The battle scenes were too long and the story didn’t progress at all, so I got bored“said a 53-year-old woman.
The rest of the most dropped sleeves were:
8.Tokyo Revengers (tie)
8. Glass no Kamen (tie)
8.Dragon Ball (tie)
5. Detective Conan.
4. HUNTER x HUNTER
Source: Anime Senpai