“One Piece Film Red“It has already been released in Japan and on its first day it has raised an awful lot of money. In the following lines I will go into detail with EVERYTHING that has surrounded the premiere of the film because, as I say, despite the fact that it has had an incredible audience at first, the truth is that it has also been quickly submerged in controversy. Why? Well, for receiving an immense amount of negative evaluations in Japan.
One Piece Film Red receives review bombing (?) at its premiere
And now that the two tweets are there for context (yes, I know it’s in English, but the 2’9 looks pretty good), I’ll tell you the following:
- To start, the good: One Piece Film Red has had the third best theatrical release in ALL of Japan’s history. It has only fallen behind Jujutsu Kaisen 0 and Kimetsu no Yaiba: The Infinite Train, having already exceeded one billion yen raised. ❗
- However, as you can see there has been a brutal disparity in the film’s ratings: lots of 5’s and lots of 1’s. ❗
- This has two readings possible:
- Apparently it could be a case of review bombing. After all, when valuations oscillate between the two extremes, that is what usually happens. ❓
- On the other hand, it could also be that there were really a lot of people dissatisfied with the film. According to some first reviews, it seems that differs somewhat from the usual progression in a One Piece movie and focuses more on the musical component of Uta’s hand. ❓
It really is difficult to know at this point if this is a case of review bombing or not, although again, these extremes usually occur under that case. Even so, it also seems that “One Piece Film Red” is a ‘different’ film within the catalog of Luffy and company’s feature films. Here we will still have to wait until November 4 to check it out, but in the meantime it will be interesting to see what happens with the film in this first week.
Synopsis of One Piece
The story follows Monkey D. Luffy, a young man who absorbs the powers of the rubber devil fruit and is inspired by the red-haired pirate, Shanks, to sail the seas. After the shocking statement from Gol D. Roger, the previous king of the pirates who put at their disposal the ‘One Piece’, the treasure that would crown the next monarch, hundreds of pirates decided to start their great adventure. Luffy and his Straw Hat Pirates will try to make history as new candidates.