The protagonists of the most popular shonen anime always tend to share the same characteristic: they all have a dream to fight for until the end. Naruto wanted to be Hokage, Ash Ketchum wanted to be a Pokémon Master, and currently Luffy is still convinced that he wants to find the one piece to become the Pirate King.
This desire was made very clear from the first chapter of Eiichiro Oda’s manga. Monkey D. Luffy is a character who embarked on a great adventure with the goal of gathering a crew and becoming the greatest Pirate of the world. What no one expected was that all of these are the means to achieve your true dream.
eye! Next I will talk about a scene that happens in chapter 1060 of the manga, one that has not yet been adapted into an anime format. If you are not up to date with the work I do not recommend you continue reading and eat the SPOILER.
What is Luffy’s ultimate goal?
- In it one piece episode 1015Ace tells Yamato about all the dreams that Sabo, Luffy and himself had when they were children.
- Sabo’s wish was to go out and see the world and write a book about him, Ace’s was to become the most recognized pirate, while the young Straw Hat’s is unspeakable.
- This is because Luffy’s true dream is NOT to become the Pirate King, but that is the necessary means to reach his true goal, which is unknown.❗❗❓❓
- This is said in chapter 1060 of the manga, and Zoro, Nami, Sanji and the others were very surprised/happy knowing the great ambition of his captain 😯😂
- The only people who know Luffy’s “secret” are Sabo, the Mugiwara, and Yamato. (who finds out from Ace)🤫
My opinion on the subject
Taking into account the reactions of the people who found out about the great ambition of the One Piece protagonist (Yamato cried, the mugiwara laughed), and the kind of person Luffy is, I’m probably having a childish dream and even surreal.
If I had to shoot a triple I would say that what surprised Zoro and company so much is that they heard something like “I’ll throw a big party where I’ll unite all the races of the world” or something like that. What do you think?