What is the great antagonist of one piece? Answering this question is not as simple as it seems. Throughout the entire story devised by Eiichiro Oda, various characters and groups have appeared that with their actions have proven to be true villains who oppose Luffy and his family. blackbeard seems to be the direct rival of the protagonist, however we cannot forget other important figures such as Akainu or the Gorosei.
Of these three possibilities, the last one should be highlighted because it is the one about which we know the least information. The Five Elders They have been with us for a long time but today not much is known about them. What are their goals? Are they really powerful? Are they immortal? Time to analyze all the data we have on this group.
What is Gorosei?
- The Gorosei is a group of five people who, in addition to being World Nobles, are above all others and are responsible for making all the important decisions of the World Government🤝✅
- They are directly responsible for the Navy, the Cipher Pol and the Three Powers system in the world⭐⭐⭐
- They only take orders from one person: Im❗❗
Identities of the Five Elders
Today the names and ages of each are unknown of the members of the Gorosei, and since nothing has changed in 22 years, there are One Piece fans who believe that they could be immortals. Therefore, to talk about each of them I will use nicknames based on their appearances:
- The one with the big scar: is the most talkative. He wanted to keep Shanks under control so that he wouldn’t do anything to alter the order of the world, he was worried about Luffy and Garp’s relationship, he wanted to keep an eye on Blackbeard and was the one who ordered CP0 to kill Luffy on Onigashima⚡
- The tall guy with the long beard: He was the one who ordered Spandam to shoot Professor Clover when he tried to say the name of the Lost Kingdom. He also branded the Nefertari as traitors and showed interest in the connection between Luffy and Rayleigh.🧍♂️
- The one with the mustache and the spot on his forehead: After Crocodile’s defeat, he was concerned about Luffy’s threat, he was upset by Jinbe’s defection as a member of the Shichibukai, and he highlighted Blackbeard’s ability to possess two devil fruits at the same time👴🏼
- the bald man with the sword: He is the only one who wears white (the others are in black) and who carries a weapon. He always worried about the stability of the Shichibukai system and ensures that the D are synonymous with “danger” for the rest of the world👨🦲🤺
- The blond: this seems to be the youngest of all. He really hadn’t done much until the Onigashima War, where revealed the true nature of the Gomu Gomu no Mi.one of the biggest revelations in all of One Piece👱🏼♂️
The goals of the Gorosei
- The main function of this group is ensure that order prevails in all the world’s oceansand this is achieved maintaining the balance between the Three Great Powers (World Government-Yonkos-Shichibukai)✅
- Additionally also they keep everything related to the Void Century a secretand they are capable of “erasing” any element of history that could uncover something that happened 800 years ago✅
- Also they have a very close eye on those who have a D in their namessince they consider them a danger to humanity✅
- And as a great final objective is the pay homage and carry out all the orders of Imthe true King of the World in One Piece✅
The mysteries we don’t know yet
Almost everything I have mentioned so far is what is officially known about the Gorosei, however there are still many unknowns to be resolved. What kind of power does each of these elders have? Will they ever fight the mugiwara in the Final War? Are they truly immortal? Why don’t they want it to be known what happened in the Void Century?
They will undoubtedly play a key role in the final One Piece saga.