After it seemed almost certain that he would lose in his battle against Granola in Dragon Ball Super Capítulo 74, Vegeta revealed the new transformation he learned during his training with Beerus.
To the fans’ surprise, the Saiyan showed his new power: Mega Instinct, which came to match Goku’s Ultra Instinct.
After Vegeta explained to Granola what a God of Destruction is, and how Bills trained him, the enemy was shocked to see that the Saiyan didn’t even bother to dodge his attacks like Goku did.
“Don’t you dare compare his pathetic technique to mine,” says the Saiyan. “Kakarrot’s body may have a mind of its own, but I am all ego. In fact, you can call this Ultra ego the Mega Instinct”.
What is the difference between Mega Instinct and Ultra Instinct?
- Similar names, but not the same: Goku’s Migatte no Gokui and Vegeta’s Wagamama no Gokui, that’s how both states were baptized.
- According to what manga 75 of Dragon Ball Super says, while Goku obtains the divine state by separating the consciousness from the body, Vegeta’s is born from his ego, which Bills used for him to develop this power.
- In simple terms, we can say that Goku’s Ultra Instinct refers to the selfish state of the body, while Vegeta’s focuses on his mind.
- Does the Ultra ego allow Vegeta to match Goku’s strength? Yes, Toyotaro commented that finally, and after a long time, the saiyan already has the same level of power as his partner.
- As a fundamental difference, we have those who have the knowledge of each state. While the Ultra Instinct comes from the Angels, Whiss taught it to Goku, the Mega Instinct is based on the teachings of a God of Destruction, in this case Bills.
Manga 75 of Dragon Ball Super is available in Spanish and legally on the Manga plus website.