One of the good things that the last weeks of each year usually bring are the financial results and other rankings that collect various interesting data about the previous months. In this way we get the tops of the best animes, the ones that worked best or the manga that sold the most in Japan. Last year Jujutsu Kaisen it was consolidated as the most prolific work in the country of the sun, and yesterday it was confirmed that it has achieved a double.
Oricon finally shared the sales data of the most successful manga of all 2022and I think we can speak of surprise as regards the total volumes distributed in stores. Jujutsu Kaisen has repeated his feat of 2021 by becoming the best-selling work for the second consecutive year.
Jujutsu Kaisen prevails over One Piece, Tokyo Revengers and Spy x Family
- As we can see in the infographic created by the user Josu_keGege Akutami’s manga placed a total of 12,282,260 copies in Japan❗❗❗
- surprisingly managed to get more than a million units ahead of Tokyo Revengers (2nd place with 11,048,067) and almost 2M to Spy x Family (3rd with 10,600,571)✅
- And where the hell is One Piece?: Eiichiro Oda’s work was fourth best seller of the year with a figure of 10,364,102 units✅
- After reviewing the podium, the Top 10 would be as follows:
- 1. Jujutsu Kaisen – 12,282,260 units ⭐⭐⭐
- two. Tokyo Revengers – 11.0.48.067 units ⭐⭐
- 3. Spy x Family – 10,600,571 units⭐
- Four. one piece – 10,364,102 units✅
- 5. My Hero Academia – 5,353,782 units
- 6. Kingdom – 3,832,688 units
- 7. Blue Lock – 3,548,238 units
- 8. Chainsaw Man – 3,438,930 units
- 9. Do Not Say Mystery – 3,140,861 units
- 10. Kaijuu No.8 – 3,139,803 units
Will Jujutsu Kaisen manage to repeat as the best-selling manga in 2023? The truth is that it seems almost impossible for him to achieve it, but keep in mind that the second season of his anime will be released next year, and this could cause a new surge in sales.